From the frequency of other joint diseases, diseases such as knee joint arthritis are the main diseases, and most of the patients are women. In the medical world, this limited joint disease is called gonorrhea. Let us consider why this disease develops, how it manifests and is treated.
To understand the nature and causes of arthritis, let us turn to anatomy. The knee joint is represented by the overall structure of bones, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels and nerves. The upper boundary of the joint is the distal end of the thigh, and the lower boundary is represented by the upper part of the tibia, bounded by the bone at the front and muscle bound at the back.
The surface of the joint is lined with cartilage tissue with a thickness of 5-6 mm. This structure has a buffer function and reduces friction in flexion and extension. The continuous flow of fluid produced by the synovial membrane nourishes the cartilage, which forms the non-cartilage surface of the joint. Due to lack of nutrition, cartilage tissue becomes thinner, loses elasticity, ruptures and begins to collapse gradually, losing its properties.
Non-functional cartilage causes an increase in the load of bone tissue. Due to the defense response, bone tissue begins to deform and grow in the form of spinous processes and protrusions. The degeneration process also affects the synovium, ligaments, and muscle fibers. All of this causes difficulty in joint movement and deviation of the limb axis from the correct position. This is how knee arthritis develops.
The pathological process of arthritis is usually caused by several triggers that lead to malnutrition of cartilage tissue, the main ones are as follows:
- Congenital features (dysplasia of joints);
- Traumatic joint injury, affecting the structure of bones, ligaments, muscles and cartilage (contusions, dislocations, fractures, sprains);
- Pathology of the musculoskeletal system, where the load on the joints is unevenly distributed (scoliosis, kyphosis, flat feet);
- Previous knee surgery (for example, meniscus removal);
- Overload of lower limbs related to exercise or work;
- Physical activity is too low, unable to move;
- Overweight; Long-term disease accompanied by leg muscle or vasospasm;
- Inflammation process of joint tissue (due to rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus arthritis, purulent infection);
- Destroy the metabolic process in the body, endocrine pathology;
- The body is aging.
The pathology develops relatively slowly, gradually, first with little awareness of the patient, then causing mild discomfort, and then severe symptoms, and sometimes even disability. Regardless of the cause of knee arthritis, considering the intensity of the pathological process in the tissue, there are three angles of gonorrhea, each of which can be characterized by a special clinical manifestation.
The difference between arthritis of the knee joint and other joint diseases is that there is a specific type of pain:
- "The pain of the beginning"occurs after a long rest at the beginning of the exercise, and then softens or disappears in the context of the physical activity (about a quarter of an hour later). This is due to the friction of the joint surface, and small pieces of crushed bone and cartilage are fixed on this surface. The movement of the joint causes these destructive particles to be pushed into the turn of the joint capsule, thus reducing pain.
- "Joint block"is the sudden onset of pain syndrome caused by "joint mice". Articular cartilage is a piece of sharp cartilage or bone. The broken fragments are caught between the joint surfaces or embedded in the soft tissues, causing unbearable pain, and even small movements in the joints are impossible.
Grade 1 gonorrhea
At the beginning of the disease, the knee is no different from a healthy knee, and there is no deformity. Gonorrhea arthritis of the first-grade knee joint is characterized by impaired blood circulation in the small blood vessels in the bone that supply blood to the cartilage, so it begins to dry out and become thinner. Related to it is the dull pain that often occurs after physical exercise, weight lifting or standing for a long time. In addition, there may be slight swelling in the pat bone area.
Grade 2 gonorrhea
With the progress of pathology, bone structure and synovium are affected, and cartilage dystrophy is aggravated. Degeneration of joint capsule and osteophytes. Grade 2 knee arthropathy of the knee is characterized by worsening symptoms, and the pain occurs more frequently, lasts longer, and bears insignificant load. The patient may notice a stiff, compressed appearance. Arthritis of the 2nd degree knee joint usually manifests as frequent appearance of edema and some deformation of the knee.
Grade 3 gonorrhea
When the knee joint develops, its symptoms are undoubtedly useful for diagnosis. At this stage, there is almost no cartilage, ligament and muscle function damage, joints and limbs are strongly deformed (the affected limb becomes O-shaped or X-shaped). Pain continues to plague patients, and the mobility of the knee is greatly restricted. Gait is characterized by instability, rolling, and the patient needs crutches or crutches.
Usually, the disease starts in one knee joint, and then a second pathological process that bears increased load. In some cases, arthritis of bilateral knee joint lesions is related to congenital characteristics, and then the lesions develop symmetrically. In severe cases, bilateral gonorrhea, mainly manifested in the elderly, can lead to complete loss of walking ability.
Patients with knee lupus will undergo a series of tests to confirm the diagnosis and determine the possible cause and severity of the lesion, which may include:
- Ultrasound and MRI of the knee joint-detect soft tissue changes, the amount of fluid in the joint cavity;
- Knee joint CT-used to study the changes of bone structure in detail;
- analysis of synovial fluid-prescribed for joint swelling to assess the development of inflammation and malnutrition processes;
- Blood and urine tests.
The doctor should tell each specific case how to treat knee arthritis after diagnosis. In any case, you need to fully follow medical advice for long-term treatment-this is the only way to get positive results. The basic principles of treatment include:
- Medical gymnastics;
- Physiotherapy technology (UHF, electrophoresis, vocalization, acoustic current, magnetic therapy and laser therapy);
- The use of orthopedic equipment.
In addition, it may be necessary to treat the main pathology that causes knee arthritis, normalize body weight and choose comfortable shoes. Patients should properly arrange their daily activities, alternate physical activities and rest, to reduce the burden on the joints. With obvious destructive changes, when conservative treatment fails, they resort to surgical intervention-knee replacement.
How to relieve knee swelling in arthritis?
Because knee osteoarthritis is accompanied by repeated swelling of the knee joint, it is important to learn how to deal with this symptom, which makes daily life difficult. First, the patient should adjust nutrition to avoid fluid retention in the body. For this, you need to limit the use of salt, sugar, semi-finished products, meat, and high-fat foods.
In order to reduce edema, experts usually recommend a special compress, which can improve the metabolic process of the lesion. It is necessary to moisten a few folds of gauze in a Dimexide solution diluted in half with water, squeeze it gently, and then apply it to the sore knee. Cover the top with plastic wrap and let stand for 20-40 minutes. The procedure can be carried out in 10-15 lessons every night.
Knee joint arthritis ointment
When knee arthritis is diagnosed, in most cases, topical preparations in the form of ointments, gels, and creams should be used for home treatment. These funds can be divided into several categories:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs-reduce inflammation and relieve pain;
- Warming-It has analgesic effect by stimulating blood flow and improves the nutrition of cartilage and soft tissues;
- Chondroprotectants-restore cartilage tissue, activate the synthesis of fluid in the joint cavity, and reduce the severity of symptoms.
Knee joint injection for arthritis-drugs
For example, in some cases, if there is joint effusion or severe pain, a knee injection is required for knee arthritis. The intra-articular preparations of the following groups are used for injection:
- Hyaluronic acid preparations;
- Cartilage protection agent;
Let us consider which drugs can be prescribed for patients with knee joint disease:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Cartilage protection agent.
Knee joint arthritis-folk remedies
If first-onset gonorrhea is diagnosed, non-traditional methods can be used to supplement the treatment, many of which show high efficiency. For example, rubbing garlic helps improve blood circulation in surrounding tissues, normalize cartilage nutrition, and reduce pain and inflammation.
- Garlic-1 head;
- Vegetable oil-200 mg.
Preparation and application
- Chop garlic and add oil.
- Place the container with tincture in a dark place for a week, shaking occasionally.
- Rubbing joint pain at night.
Knee arthritis gymnastics
After the acute inflammation is eliminated and severe pain is eliminated, exercise therapy for knee arthritis. Exercise should be done regularly, 30 to 40 minutes a day, dividing this time into ten minutes. The correct choice of knee joint exercises can help restore blood circulation, strengthen muscles and ligaments, and normalize joint structure and function. In addition, Pilates, walking, swimming, and exercising on stationary bicycles are also useful for patients.
Knee joint arthritis
Doctors recommend wearing special knee pads for knee arthritis to ensure the correct anatomical position, facilitate walking and prevent swelling. Such products should be worn for 2 to 8 hours before exercise every day. It is important to know how to choose the correct knee brace to treat the knee joint correctly, for which you need to consult an expert. The product opens, closes and hinges, and is made of different materials with different rigidity.