The pain in the neck — a signal alarming. Maybe it's just fatigue and it is worth just to relax and have a rest. But, if the pain is related to osteochondrosis cervical spine? It is important to pay attention to the symptoms and treatment because of the complications can affect the most important organ — the brain.
What is the cervical back pain
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a degenerative disease of the osteo-cartilaginous systems of the body. It leads to the destruction of the intervertebral discs in the cervical, proliferation of the bone of the vertebrae, the formation of outgrowths on their surfaces.
The cervical spine consists of seven vertebrae, the first of which articulates with the skull. Anatomic and functional unit of the vertebral column is the spinal-skeletal segment. This complex, through which moves the vertebral column. The complex consists of two vertebrae, the intervertebral disc, the articular surfaces of the vertebrae (facets), nerves, ligaments and muscles.
Back pain begins with damage to the intervertebral disc, and touches on all the surrounding tissues. With the time the process of port the breakdown of the biomechanics of the vertebral column in general. With the development of degenerative disc disease can form hernia of the intervertebral disc, compression of the nerve roots and blood vessels.
Pathological processes in the intervertebral disc pass four stages: eating disorders, weakening of the ligaments, the damage to the disk and compression of the nerves.
- Step 1. Violated the conditions of nutrition and metabolism of the intervertebral disc. Because of the structural characteristics of the discs they feed only during the movement. If no, start degenerative changes in the tissue: the disk is starving and dehydrated. The loss of water, which leads to the fact that the intervertebral disk can not perform the function of attenuation. The load on the fibrous ring widths is enhanced, in this mode of cracks, breaks in the retina. At this point it is possible the appearance of minor aches and pains.
- Step 2. In the second phase occurs from the weakening of the apparatus to the vertebral bone of the segment. Connection becomes pathological mobile. The pathological process in the disk is aggravated, begins herniated disc (the prolapse) — infiltration of the pulposus of the kernel through the cracks in the fibrous ring widths. Pain become periodic.
- Step 3. Via the intervertebral disk damaged permanently. Purposee the nucleus of the disc transcends ring the fibrous. Formed hernia may violate the nerve roots. Develops the inflammatory process. This manifests itself worsening of the pain, the so-called syndrome the root.
- Step 4. In the fourth phase, the defeat affects the nearby tissues. Perhaps the compression radicular arteries, which leads to insufficient vascularization of the spinal cord. In the end, the texture of the spine can completely be obezbijede.
The first signs and symptoms of basic
At the beginning of the development of cervical osteoarthritis appears discomfort, limitation of movement, pain in the neck. Often does not give value.
With time the pain intensified, become pain, burning, headache, neck, shoulder blades, shoulders — perhaps this develops the vertebral artery syndrome. The artery is clamped or spazmiruyutsya, blood flow is broken.
1-2 phase of cervical osteoarthritis often experience eye problems associated with spasm of the blood vessels. Blackout in the eyes flashing, the emergence of "flies", of colored spots, before the eyes of all of the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
The most frequent are the symptoms of cervical osteoarthritis:
- Migraines, dizziness, nausea, and cough.
- Disorder of hearing, ear pain, face.
- Movement disorders in the hands, feet. Can abyss the sensitivity phase of the skin on the head.
- Pain in the hand. If embedded in the root of the nerve, the entire area in which send impulses can hurt or "fall".
In addition to these symptoms, we can distinguish three main pain of the syndrome, related to osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. The syndrome is a collection of symptoms. The main definition of pain is important, because the whole scheme the treatment is based on the resolution of the pain. And solve it, not knowing the source, it is not possible.
- The myofascial syndrome — pain in the skeletal muscles and adjacent fascia. The violation is associated with an overload, in which occurs a spasm, hypertonicity, painful knots within muscles (trigger points).
- Syndrome radicular pain caused by prolonged compression of the roots of the spinal nerves. The process of the formation of the hernia, osteochondrosis of the vertebral column leads to pinching the nerve fibres and the subsequent inflammatory response. The pain extends along the nerve.
- Facet syndrome is pain in the vertebrate joints. The vertebrae with the second cervical spine have articular processes, which between them connect dugootockom (facet) joints. Osteochondrosis destroyed intervertebral disks, their reduced height, and this leads to the fact that the joint capsules bhoothnath joints are in constant tension. This causes the pain. And the pain increases at the end of the day, especially during the long exposure forced.
Causes of osteoarthritis cervical spine One of the main reasons for degenerative disc disease — progressive inability of the spine to the top of the vertical load. The ancestors of the people they walked on all fours like other mammals. Not have suffered from degenerative disc disease, as well as in the horizontal position of the body intra disc pressure is two times less than in the vertical. By the standards of evolution, the step to be held erect it happened not so long ago, and the spine simply do not have time to adapt high vertical load. So, together with the erect posture the person has acquired and diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
The more vulnerable the neck of a man who makes his structure. Human cervical consists of seven small vertebrae, that articulated between them for the type of the child of the pyramid. This design is hard to call sustainable outside of a state of peace. The same muscle structure in this area tense and in wind load may be high — all of this makes the neck vulnerable. Any injury full of consequences. Even if the damage was in another department of the vertebral column, the redistribution of the load may be the cause of degenerative disc disease.
Another factor is the aging. The formation of the skeleton and the cartilage tissue ends at the age of 21 and then starts the irreversible process of aging (degeneration). The nutrition of cartilage tissue is only through the spread, and if the intervertebral disc loses nutrients, it gradually starts to collapse.
In addition, the development of cervical osteoarthritis contribute to:
- Auto-immune diseases. They involve in the pathological process of destruction of cartilage tissue, the cells of the body.
- The infection the hormonal crash, the slowing of the metabolism — all of these circulatory problems can also serve as factors of development of degenerative disc disease.
- The sedentary life, the conditions of work, in which most of the time a person spends in the forced static posture.
- High loads, resulting in injury can result in crushing.
- Defects of genetic nature, connected with the weakness of the musculoskeletal system and the inferiority of the cartilage tissue.
The vertebral canal in the cervical spine is very tight, so high loads, any violation or trauma can cause compression of the spinal cord. And this is very dangerous.
Also, at this stage, a large number of nerve endings and of the blood vessels. If the blood stops flowing to the brain in good quantity, it may happen stroke.
The initial diagnosis was cervical osteoarthritis, the doctor collects the medical history of the patient. If the gun comes out from that and how it hurts, the intensity with which, under stress or at rest, in which time of the day evil took place the whiplash.
During the inspection of the neck, the doctor palpates the cervical vertebrae and the muscles, lymph nodes; it is estimated that the amount of movement, delete, or confirm syndrome root.
After that, to exclude autoimmune diseases assigned laboratory diagnosis: common blood tests, ESR, rheumatoid factor, HLA B27.
The main role in the diagnosis relegated to x-ray, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Rentgenografija allows to assess the state of the bony structures, soft tissues and cartilage in the images are not displayed. For the visualization of these structures is injected with a contrast medium: the role of angiography, discography, myelography.
- Computed tomography (CT). This method is also used the principle of x-ray, but with the help of computer processing, it is possible to obtain a series of images, longitudinal and transverse sections, where you can see the bone and cartilage the fabric.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Is the "gold standard" in the diagnosis of pathologies, including cartilage and soft tissue. Magnetic RESONANCE imaging allows us to understand not only the structure of organs and tissues, but also for their operation. In the case of degenerative disc disease is a common complication of hernia of the vertebral column. Magnetic RESONANCE imaging can diagnose the process of hernia formation in the early stages.
The treatment of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine is reduced to methods conservative. First of all, remove the pain, then, are assigned to the various treatments. But in the most extreme cases, when the pain does not go more than three months and medicines the media does not help, the only solution is the operation.
Bezoperatsionnye methods of treatment
Low back pain struck from the bone-cartilage system of the year, and then and treatment will take time. You need to have patience. The activities of conservative treatment:
- Rid of the pain.
- Relieve the inflammation.
- Restore the functions of spinal roots.
- Strengthen the muscular system and ligaments.
The conservative treatment includes drug therapy, and physical therapy. The medicines help to relieve the pain in case of acute exacerbation, and physiotherapy — start processes of self-healing of the body.
During severe pain when syndrome the root pass the so-called "lock": the drug is injected in the vicinity of the inflamed spine of a spinal nerve.
Physiotherapy treatment is based on natural and artificially constructed physical factors: cold, heat, electric current, magnetic radiation, laser and others. For their recreation they are used machines, special machines, service, manual techniques.
- Laser therapy — the biological activation of processes of regeneration of the intervertebral disc. The body begins to repair itself.
- Plasmatherapy (PRP-therapy) — injections of plasma, highlighted by the blood of the patient. The plasma rich in platelets, growth factors and hormones. After the injection increases the local immune system, activates the processes of regeneration.
- Acupuncture — stimulation of the nerve endings with needles. It improves the metabolism in the affected areas, it relieves the pain.
- Shockwave therapy — the impact of high-frequency waves. You can start the natural processes of recovery.
- Therapeutic exercise — movement therapy. Can be active (physical therapy) and passive (massage, traction). EXERCISE strengthens the muscles of the back traction relieves tension and pain. Is chosen taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient.
- Chiropractic and massage — the impact on the soft tissues and joints with the aim of restoring the balance in the body, and synchronization of processes. Return mobility and eliminate the pain.
- Taping — bonding special patches on the skin in places where it is necessary to act on the receptors of stretch and muscle compression. Can relax and strengthen the tone.
The patient is in a period of severe pain for the unloading of the spine it is advisable to wear special hose clamps and collars at the neck.
The positive effect of conservative treatment you get for 2-3 months. If there is no result, the patient is recommend the operation.
Surgical techniques for the treatment of degenerative disc disease
The operation in the case of cervical arthrosis is a measure of last resort, for which they needed special guidance. The operation recommend, if:
- The pain is not able to remove by treatment more than 3 months.
- A hernia of the disc.
- Disappears sensitivity to the arts
Post-operative rehabilitation, also requires time, and may include a therapeutic treatment.
Cervical back pain is a degenerative disease. Do not treat is not possible. Such serious violations-in the muscle system-engine machine can bring disability. Neck pain can become chronic back pain prevalent in different departments of vertebral column. The timely prevention can prevent the development of this disease.
To maintain the health of the cervical spine, it is necessary to daily physical activity. The power supply of the intervertebral disc occurs in the movement, then it is extremely necessary. It is important, for the load were optimal and regular.
If the work is connected with constant in a static pose, it is necessary to have a regular warm-up. And home after a long day of work, you can lie down for a bit on the back on a flat surface, hidden under the neck cushion. This method helps to restore cervical flexion of the spinal column, remove the muscle tension.
In the prevention of cervical osteoarthritis, it is important for the correct posture during the sleep. If a person in the morning, she wakes up with pain in the neck, so the muscles do not have time to rest and recover.
Here we will help the orthopedic pillow, which taken individually, for 3-5 years.
Do not delay the treatment
Choose a recovery program will help you the doctor. You will assess the spine for images, magnetic RESONANCE imaging, will inform about the probability of resorption, and treatment options.