Cervical chondropathy is related to metabolic disorders in the neck area and deterioration of muscle and vertebral conditions.
In order to prevent the development of diseases, doctors recommend a series of measures, including medication, various exercises, nutrition adjustments, massage, and physical therapy.
How to exercise cervical osteochondrosis at home
The first thing to remember for cervical osteochondrosis is to prohibit any physical activity in the neck during the worsening of the disease. It is only allowed to gradually include small exercises when relieving episodes. As conditions improve, the load level can be increased.
The average duration of a set of exercises is 10 minutes. All exercises should be performed without pain. Soft and smooth muscle load alternates with relaxation. It is recommended to repeat gymnastics once a day. The starting position of each exercise: standing or sitting, the posture should be straight.
Main practice group:
- Smoothly bend the ear to the right shoulder. Place the right palm on the left temple. Now, slowly return your head to its normal position, applying a little resistance with your hands. There should be no pain. Repeat the exercise in the other direction.
- Try to reach the collarbone with your chin. In the maximum extension position, stay for 2-5 seconds.
- Tilt your head down, cross your arms, and place it on top of your head. Try to bring the head back to the forward position and lift the resistance with your hands. Do not squeeze the head with your hands. The duration of one method is 5-10 seconds.
- Each exercise should have 10 repetitions. The compound is suitable for preventing osteochondrosis and restoring neck mobility during the remission phase. Regular exercise will weaken your muscles.
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home through diet
The nutritional adjustment of cervical osteochondrosis should be aimed at the recovery of cartilage tissue.
The diet for osteochondrosis should include the following foods and nutrients:
- The chondroprotective agent exists in aspic, gelatin and agar, and the content is sufficient. Calcium can be obtained from dairy products, beans, lettuce and almonds. Remember, vitamin D is necessary for high-quality absorption of this mineral;
- Manganese can be obtained from onions, beans, egg yolks, cheese and nuts; Avocados, sunflower seeds, nuts, and pumpkin seeds are sources of magnesium, which is essential for the stable function of the whole organism;
- Phosphorus is perfectly absorbed by the human body from fish, soybeans, peas, bran and cabbage;
- B vitamins are found in beans, dairy products and nuts.
- Vitamin A is obtained from raw eggs, pumpkin, melon and carrots;
- Vitamin C can be obtained from all citrus fruits and many fruits;
- Vitamin D is most readily available when you are walking in the sun. Our bodies produce by themselves. On cloudy days and winter, it is best to add egg products, algae and sea fish to the diet.
In order for your body to have all the necessary nutrients, you need to qualitatively diversify your diet during the recovery period. In addition to the ingredients listed in the diet, the diet must also contain a large amount of liquid, namely purified water, to prevent osteochondrosis. The doctor recommends replacing all tea and coffee beverages with non-gas filtered water.
It is strongly recommended to remove salty foods from the diet, and it is best to switch to a salt-free diet. Salt destroys the supply of nutrients to cells, which is very dangerous in osteochondrosis.
Sugar and candies are also banned, the only exception is honey. These foods disrupt the metabolism of the intervertebral disc.
Canned food, semi-finished products, carbonated beverages and tonic beverages-Cervical osteochondrosis is strictly prohibited. These foods flush out the calcium in the bones, leading to complications of the disease.
Massage treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home
Professional massage for neck osteochondrosis is an effective element for complex treatment of the disease. Systematic massage therapy can reduce or eliminate pain and cramps. By stimulating certain areas of the cervical spine, the blood circulation in the affected area of the spine is normalized.
There are 3 types of massage:
- Neck massage.
- Self massage.
Stimulating the territories is considered the most effective. The masseur should start the operation gently. Next, you need to stretch the ribs of the palms along the spine to the chest and work well in the enslaved area. The final stage of the massage is a circular kneading exercise.
Shiatsu massage targets multiple acupoints. This practice comes from Chinese medicine. The good effect of relieving cervical osteochondrosis can provide pressure for the following points:
- Depress depression at the occipital protrusion for 5-20 seconds;
- Take two fingers back from the mastoid and hold for 5-10 seconds;
- Move back 3 fingers from the first point and hold for 5-10 seconds;
- Locate the seventh vertebra and apply pressure to it.
Self-massage is similar to the technique of stimulating the collar, but in this case, a person can massage himself without external help. The advantage of this method is to control pain and stress.
The combination of all the treatment methods of cervical osteochondrosis will quickly obtain good treatment results. In order to minimize the risk of aggravation, the doctor recommends that you continue to do gymnastics, proper nutrition and self-massage.