Among middle-aged men and women, cervical osteochondrosis (CS) is most commonly diagnosed because this area is more susceptible to pressure. The first signs of the disease are usually not expressed, so it is difficult to determine the problem in the early stages of development.
The manifestation of osteochondrosis is related to the influence of many factors on the body. In order for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis to be adequate, it is important to find the root cause of this condition.
Main causes of diseases
Cervical osteochondrosis is a pathology of degenerative dystrophy, in which the tissue of the cervical intervertebral disc begins to collapse under the influence of unfavorable factors. Over time, the disease can affect other structures of the spine, thereby affecting its function. A person begins to be troubled by uncomfortable symptoms, and his health gradually deteriorates.
The main cause of vertebral degeneration is the destruction of metabolic functions in the body. The vertebrae and intervertebral structures have not received the necessary nutrients and elements. Bone growth occurs on bone tissue. Ossification will spread over time. The firing osteochondrosis resulted in the fact that the cervical spine was immobilized due to fusion of the vertebrae.
The trigger mechanism for the development of such processes is a negative factor that continuously affects the human body.
The cause of osteochondrosis is:
- Congenital pathology of the musculoskeletal system structure;
- Genetic susceptibility;
- Vigorous physical activity;
- Sedentary lifestyle;
- Bad posture;
- Back injury;
- Stress, nerve overload; Complications of
- after severe infectious diseases.
Disease severity and manifestation
Periodic headache is a characteristic of the initial stage of the disease.
The signs of cervical osteochondrosis gradually developed. As the pathology develops, the symptoms become more obvious.
The development of rickets is divided into four stages:
- Grade 1 has no obvious symptoms of osteochondrosis. Sometimes, headaches can be disturbing and even neck discomfort. The symptoms disappeared quickly after the rest, but the degeneration process of the intervertebral disc had begun, in which the integrity of the nucleus pulposus was damaged.
- When the pathology has entered the second stage, the intervertebral cartilage is covered by a crack, and the disc nucleus comes out through the crack. The intervertebral space is reduced and the patient complains of chronic forms of acute pain syndrome.
- In the third stage of progression, cervical osteochondrosis is characterized by severe vertebrae and headache. Due to hypoxia and damage to brain cells, a person may experience temporary paralysis of the limbs and hearing and vision problems. Hernias appear in the cervical spine area, compressing nerves, muscles, arteries and veins.
- As the disease progressed to the last time (4 tablespoons), the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis in men and women became so obvious that the patients could not relax and rest even for a minute. Osteophytes form on the vertebrae, and a person becomes disabled due to impaired mobility of the neck. If complex treatment is not started at this stage, this condition may lead to death.
If the vestibular equipment starts to have problems, you need to pay attention to your health.
Osteochondrosis 1-2 degrees has been effectively treated conservatively. In advanced cases, it is difficult to completely restore the damaged intervertebral structure. This means that it is important to diagnose the disease in the initial stage. Therefore, if the patient has similar symptoms, it is necessary to consult a doctor urgently:
- Acute pain and discomfort, located in the neck, shoulders, back of the head;
- Compression of cervical nerves and blood vessels by vertebrae causes severe headache and dizziness;
- Impaired visual and auditory functions;
- Muscle weakness;
- Numbness, it feels like chicken skin bump slips on the skin;
- Failure of vestibular equipment.
Cervical chondropathy at the level of the C4-C6 vertebrae is characterized by impaired sensitivity of the upper limbs, hands and fingers. If the vertebral artery is compressed, dangerous diseases that occur in the brain can be disturbing. Hypoxia occurs due to insufficient blood supply and insufficient nutrition of brain cells. If not treated in time, the patient’s memory will be problematic, the swallowing function will be impaired, and the squeezing of Adam’s apple will be disturbed.
A person’s voice usually even changes, and as the cervical sternal osteochondrosis progresses, heart disease changes.
How to diagnose?
At the reception, the neurologist palpates to determine if there is a vertebral displacement.
If someone suspects that they are developing cervical osteochondrosis, it is necessary to see a neurologist. He will conduct a preliminary examination and try to find the main cause of the disease. During palpation, it is possible to roughly determine the pathological stage and its progression (with or without displacement).
In order to confirm the diagnosis, patients will need to conduct many such instrumental diagnostic studies:
- Radiography.This will help determine the extent of osteophyte growth and the size of the joint space.
- MRI or CT.Allows you to assess the degree of destruction of the intervertebral disc and the state of other soft structures.
- Doppler ultrasound.Help identify abnormal blood vessel function, which leads to impaired blood supply to the brain.
How to solve this problem?
If the diagnosis is confirmed during the diagnosis process, the doctor will choose the best treatment plan for cervical osteochondrosis based on the results obtained. If the disease does not start, you can use medicine and help to clear it with the help of auxiliary procedures. In 3-4 stages, drugs are usually powerless. In this case, the best solution is surgery.
The main purpose of drug treatment for acute cervical osteochondrosis is to relieve inflammation, swelling and pain.
For this purpose, the following types of drugs are prescribed:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.Eliminate inflammation, reduce swelling and pain. When the condition worsens, it is recommended to use it in the form of injections. When the symptoms are relieved, you can drink the medicine.
- Painkiller.Severe pain helps to relieve pain quickly and relieve disease.
- Muscle relaxants.Relieve muscle spasm, thereby releasing nerves and blood vessels.
- Cartilage protector.Restore the damaged cartilage structure and prevent its further destruction. In order to have a positive effect, it is recommended to take this group of drugs for a long time.
- Vasodilators.Helps improve blood flow, thereby normalizing brain nutrition.
- Group B vitamins.They can normalize the metabolism in the body, stimulate immunity, so that soft tissue and bone tissue regenerate faster.
Comprehensive exercise therapy
The rotation of the head is useful for this situation.
With the help of therapeutic exercises, the affected cervical spine structure can be quickly restored.
You can cure diseases by the following methods:
- Turn your head in different directions;
- Rotating movement;
- Shoulder rotation;
- Raise and lower your head.
Physiotherapy and massage
Taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism, cervical osteochondrosis can be successfully treated through a physical therapy procedure, which is prescribed by a doctor.
The most recommended course is:
- Magnetic therapy;
- Laser heating;
- Zeolite application;
- Hydrogen sulfide and ra bath;
If it is osteochondrosis of the neck, a manual massage is very useful. This procedure should be performed by a well-trained doctor who is familiar with diagnosis and radiography. Due to the point impact, stroking, slapping and vibration, it will be possible to restore normal blood circulation and build nutrition for the damaged area.
Unconventional methods can be used to treat cervical osteochondrosis, but you should consult a doctor first.
A compress prepared according to this recipe will help relieve pain, inflammation and swelling:
- Wash the cabbage leaves, cut off the crude fiber, and knead well.
- Spread a mixture of honey and aloe vera juice (2: 1) on the leaves and distribute them evenly on the surface.
- Heat the compressed material with steam, then apply it to the neck, and fix it with plastic wrap and a wool scarf.
- Wear a bandage for 3-4 hours.
It is recommended to compress every day-morning and evening.
Prevention and prognosis
With timely and appropriate treatment, the disease can be cured and complications can be prevented. If the problem is not treated and the doctor’s advice is ignored, the recovery prognosis will be disappointing. In order to prevent cervical osteochondrosis, it is important to maintain an active lifestyle, monitor posture, exercise, and eat correctly. If you have suspicious symptoms, please consult a doctor in time.